May 23, 2012

Beau Chateau

Good Morning all and a very happy Wednesday to you.

I have a friend who needed a sympathy card and wanted to reflect her love of roosters.  This is what I came up with…

        018

I first began by snipping out the frame from a sheet of the designer paper and mounting it as if it were an easel; hence the ribbon for the easel legs.  For some reason the dimension on this card was more prominent than others that I have done, have a look.

     002

I popped up the ‘easel’ with dimensionals and worked most everything off of that. 

The flower in the center was created with a looped punch that I had on hand and added the small daisy from the daisy #2 die to the center topping it off with a rose punched with a 3/4’ circle punch.  Each of the edges where sponged using Crumb Cake Ink.  I didn’t want to use snail adhesive on the flower and dimensionals were too much.  Glue dots worked perfect.

The sentiment was stamped on a scrap piece of the same DSP and then cut by hand and folded down to the appropriate size needed.

      005

Here’s a glimpse at the inside and a better view of how the sentiment was created.

                        006

Memorial Day weekend is just about upon us, I hope you all have a great weekend enjoy your family time.  Get those grills cleaned up and ready to go, they tell me that this is the official start of back yard barbequing.  *smiles*

Take care everybody and thanks so much for stopping by!

Photobucket

Photobucket

12 comments:

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous! I just love everything about this!

Linda Callahan said...

Definitely worth crowing about! Beautiful!

Paper Potter said...

What a fantastic use of the frame in that DSP. Making it look like a frame on an easel is just brilliant. Even the sentiment stamped on a scrap and folded/clipped like a banner? Just genius, Linda. Really love this one!

KardsbyKadie said...

I'm sure your friend will appreciate not only the sympathy card but your own touch of putting roosters on the card for her. Many thanks for sharing-Very lovely card Linda!

Newbie said...

I agree w/ Paper Potter! What creativity!!!!! Brilliant use of the frame! Soooo pretty! And LOVE how you did the sentiment!! Fantastic way you put the flower together, using all the different elements together!!! EXQUISITE card!!

Linda said...

Another job well done! Thanks for sharing with us.

Sandie Conner said...

So Pretty, I just love it! Great job on that fussy cutting frame. Just beautiful!

Pam~ said...

Another amazing and breathtaking creation, Linda! I am still in awe when it comes to seeing your blog and what you've posted! I would love to know how you come up with such beautiful projects everyday...a true artist you are!

Anonymous said...

love how you used the DSP and isolated the rooster.

so clever.
hugs, m

Sheena F said...

Love the colours & truly appropriate. Am surprised I haven't found your blog before as there are loads of your cards I really like, especially your anniversary card for your son & DIL. Have added it to my Pinterest & your blog to my favs now.

Regards
Sheena x

Crafted By Tammy said...

Very pretty!

Denise Willerton said...

Beautiful card Linda - hope all is well - have a wonderful weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...