August 01, 2011

Loosing Petals….

Good Morning and Happy Monday….August 1st!!!  Can you believe it,  this will be the last full month of summer – school is not too far off.

On that note, today’s card reflects a little sadness or maybe some drought that’s going on around here these days….we sure could use a little rain!

    023

For whatever reason….this daisy is loosing it’s petals, one at a time.
I used the Daisies #2 die, pulling one petal out here and there.  And believe it or not the brown polka dotted paper is CHRISTMAS!

and closer ~

     007 

I made the diamonds on the bottom of the card by hand, scoring each one 1/2” apart.  The stem was stamped and snipped out.

inside ~

              004

Supplies needed – All are Stampin’ Up!

  • Card stock – W. White, O. Olive and Letters to Santa DSP
  • Tools – Daisies #2 die and circle punches
  • Stamps -  For All You Do and Vintage Labels
  • Misc. – O. Olive ribbon and O. Olive Ink

And that’s all I have “For You” today.  Here’s a little peek at tomorrows card ~

                          009                 

THANKS SO MUCH FOR STOPPING BY – take care and I hope to see you tomorrow!

Photobucket

 Photobucket

11 comments:

Karel Hamilton said...

I love the concept behind this card and the clean and crisp look of the colors you chose. Fabulous job. I love it!

THINGS YOU'D NEVER GUESS ABOUT ME said...

I will be here in the morning wearing my pjs!

Marlene Lo said...

This is a very beautiful creation :)

Jeannie said...

Beautiful card! Rather than drought, I prefer to view it as a "he loves me...he loves me not" card! Gorgeous!

Crystal said...

Love love love the daisy!!! My fave card in a while, and I have seen a LOT of stuff....LOL

Gerry said...

Absolutely love this card. Very clever way to use the daisy, now I need to get that die.

Deana13 said...

I LOVE this! You've inspired me already this morning. I'm going to make this card this morning! Thanks!!!

Denise Willerton said...

absolutely fabulous Linda ~ what an adorable card...love the petals falling from the flower ~ have a super day as well my dear!

Carla said...

Oh Linda, you and your card are fabulous!!! How awesome and sure fits our weather here. He loves me, loves me not? Too old to care.... lol Or maybe its just the routine we get into. Hugs,

Barbara A. said...

Wow Linda! Love those daises! Where can I find this "daises #2 die"? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I am in love with this card! I can see it blowing in the wind! You are sooo creative! Gorgeous! Hugs, J

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...