April 26, 2011

A Birthday Card

Here’s a Birthday Card made with the Baby Blossoms Set from the Occasions Mini Catalogue ~ its items available thru April 30th.

 

          012

 

The picture doesn’t give the extra little sparkle with the use of flatback crystals by Swarovski a lot of justice.  I placed these on those three small Night of Navy circles in the upper right hand corner, I thought they would bring out the silver edging of the ribbon.  In real life they sure do sparkle!!

In the pictures below, the small flower in the oval are two stamps that also come with this 18 piece stamp set.  I popped up the Red flowers with dimensionals.  Punched a Whisper White oval and mounted that ontop in the center of the framed stamp.  Another GREAT thing about these Framed Stamps are that they punch perfectly with the Decorative Label Punch……..in the Occasions Mini ~ available thru April 30th.

                  017 

                  019

My sentiment stamp was just a clear stamp that I found on clearance at our local craft store.  I considered it a real find…..I liked the font.  But any one of SU! stamps would work just as well!

Can’t forget the inside ~

                   018

Supplies needed ~ all are SU! unless otherwise noted

  • Card stock – W. White, Night of Navy and Ruby Red (retired – any red would work)
  • Stamp and Ink – Baby Blossoms Stamp Set, Night of Navy and Ruby Red Ink and Night of Navy Ribbon
  • Misc. – Scalloped Edge Border Punch, Sm Oval Punch and CB Folder

Hope you enjoyed today’s card, I really liked how the focal point turned out….you may be seeing more of it paired with spring colors and maybe a little lace! *smile*

Take Care and many THANK YOU’s for stopping by for a glance at the happenings here at the ‘loft’!

Photobucket

 Photobucket

4 comments:

Carla said...

Linda, this is gorgeous. I love it. I too love that font. Fabulous colors! The navy just pops off that white! Hugs,

Denise Willerton said...

Love what you've done with these colors! FABULOUS ~ TFS and enjoy your day!

Pam~ said...

Linda, love all the dimensions you have on this beautiful card! A wonderful patriotic looking card too!

Anonymous said...

So very pretty! I love the navy blue, it's my fave colour.
Ter ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...