February 15, 2011

PPA80 ~ Vintage Fashion


Those Were The Days…..that’s the theme this week for the Pals Paper Arts Challenge. If you have not done so, please check them out.  You’ll find, as always, a lot of inspiration for your next card. 

I received my SU order last week and just today had the chance to unpack everything.  Awe yes mate I am the cow’s tail I do believe.  Everyone else has been on board with this beauty of a stamp set and I am just getting mine.  Wouldn’t it be so nice to be able to get every single item that you like from SU in the very beginning!  I have a check list that never seems to get shorter just longer and longer,  do you ever notice that with yourself? *smile*

I did not make this card with the PPA Challenge in mind, but it suddenly dawned on me that it would qualify and decided to enter it……

003

Did you notice that I cut off both…the basket that was in her hand and the grass that she was walking on?

This reminded me of the silhouette pictures that my Grandmother used to have hanging in her wallpapered living room.  Hers were always black and oval in shape.

Here’s the inside…..

             007

 TIP:  After adding the lace around the oval card stock it made it difficult to adhere the whole thing to the card.  I happened to have extra thick (1/8 in.) dimensionals on hand and it worked perfectly.
 
I have seen crafters add lace, a little at a time working it as you go, on the back of card stock with double sided tape.  I choose to run thread thru the lace and then gathered it up just until I reached my measured length. This way I had control of how much got gathered and where.

Supplies needed ~ all are SU unless otherwise noted

  • Card stock – S. Suede, V. Vanilla, B. Black and K&Company
  • Ink – B. Black and Clear ep
  • Stamps – E. Blossoms and Hodgepodge Happiness
  • Misc. – Victoria Lace, spellbinders, Antique Brad, Beautiful Wings die and mini brads from my stash

Thanks for stopping by and if you saw something that you liked leave me a comment.  I would love to hear from you *smile*

Photobucket

 Photobucket

6 comments:

Kim said...

BEAUTIFUL card Linda!! I too did the same snippin' of this little girl and it gives it a whole different feel (too bad I forgot to photo it before I gave it away!) Love all the details, inside and out!

Cards by Gina said...

Very pretty vintage card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at PPA.

Mary Fish said...

Great job of cutting those delicate images.

Love the look of your card.

Hugs, M

Ann Schach said...

Gorgeous, Linda! I love how you cut off the basket and grass!

Carla said...

Linda, this is beautiful!!! I love your vintage style. The inside is just as beautiful. Love the lace, the brads and those missing eggs!!! *smile* Hugs,

Pam~ said...

Elegant and classy with simply gorgeous details Linda!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...