February 11, 2011

Paper Players ~ Theme Challenge #33

 

                    

I’ll be entering this card in the The Players Paper Challenge today   Have you had a chance to check them out (www.paperplayers.blogspot.com/)?  The entries are all really beautiful.  Again their theme is something ‘romantic’.

Here it is….Mr. Birdie carrying a long stem rose to the love of his life!  Believe it or not, the inspiration for this card came from a commercial. This guy had a long stem rose in his mouth for somebody.  I told Larry …there’s a card.  You know Larry, my biggest critic!

008

I have been wanting to do a black and gold card for awhile, I decided to take advantage of this challenge and put that combination to work.
Problem being I had used up all my brushed gold paper.  I then thought about that gold leaf pen I had stashed away.  I ran a gold line along the edge of my card stock.  Next problem, my tip on the pen was so well worn that it would not give me a good clean edge.  Okay no worries here, just popped another very vanilla layer on top to give the appearance of a sharp clean edge.  Used that pen on the bird as well.

To make a small rose bud was another challenge.  But the Boho Blossom punch came to the rescue.  Punched out the scalloped flower, trimmed off the edges to form a V, rolled it up added a glue dot on the inside and attached it to the leaf of the Two Step Bird punch.  I liked the fact that it was small and ended up looking like a heart.

The inside is to represent his sweetie awaiting his arrival….I don’t know, does one bird know when another is on its way???  This one seemed to!

009

TIP:  A nice paper saver:   With a ruler, run a gold edge down all four sides of your paper.  It appears to be two layers.

Supplies are all Stampin Up unless otherwise noted ~

  • Card Stock – V. Vanilla, B. Black, A. Artichoke and C. Cobbler
  • Ink – gold leaf pen
  • Punches – Circle, Two Step Bird, Boho Blossom, Scalloped edge border and MS heart
  • Misc - V. Vanilla ribbon and gold half pearls

That’s my card for today hope you enjoyed it as much as I did making it. As always thank you for stopping by and I look forward to your next visit!

Photobucket

 Photobucket

4 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

This is beautiful - I love the feeling of movement across the front of the card! And the flower you created is very cleverly done! Just wonderful!

Ann Schach said...

Wow! I love this! It is so classy! The inside is so lovely! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week.

Kim said...

Gorgeous Linda!! And I love your little tip for the gold edges - so clever!

Carla said...

Linda, this is so beautiful. I love everything you've done with this card. The details are stunning, inside and out. Love to read your posts!!! Love the tips, too. Hugs,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...